Tuscan Shrimp Pasta
I needed to make a pasta that wasn’t just my normal alfredo, pesto, or marinara. I didn’t know where to go with that, because I am seriously lacking in the sauce department. At least I am for sauces that I have off-hand.
So I started experimenting with different flavors and proteins to come up with something that would at least be good, even if the bases were the same as some of the other sauces.
I decided to try a little more of a Tuscan meal, something different. I don’t really do Tuscan style Italian food. I’m not sure why, it just never crosses my mind.
So I did this on stream.
I tried to create an amazing pasta of which I had only made a couple of times before.
But you know, for a bunch of people watching.
I didn’t know how it was going to turn out. I was really afraid that the flavors were going to be off, but let me tell you, this might be one of the best decisions that I have made in a long time.
I made an off the wall choice in the middle of streaming to put a little wine in it to give it more acid and that really tied the dish together. I’m glad that I decided to do that last minute.
I also made an alfredo base, mixed it with spinach and sun dried tomatoes.
Well, that and some seasoning.
It turned out so well.
Tuscan Shrimp Pasta
- 1lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1 lb spinach
- 1 tbs oregano
- 1/2 tbs rosemary
- 1/2 tbs thyme
- 1/4 tbs basil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1lb linguine
- In a large pot, boil water and cook pasta according to packaging
- In a large pan, melt butter, whisk in flour, chicken stock, and milk
- Stir in tomatoes and spinach, sauté for about 10 minutes, add in wine and reduce for another 10 minutes
- In a medium sized pan heat a little oil and sauté the shrimp until crisp on the outside and almost finished. about 1-2 minutes on each side
- Add shrimp into sauce and cook for 5 minutes
- Add cheese and simmer for another 3-5 minutes
- Serve on top of linguine
I’m sorry that I’ve cut down on only blogging 2 times a week. I think that it is saving me from completely going crazy like I did before. I definitely burned myself out in May and I don’t want that to happen again, so I’m just giving myself more of a break now.
I really want to create quality content for your guys and not hurt myself at the same time.