Instant Pot Turmeric Chowder
Today was one of the days where everything just went wrong.
I woke up, my head was killing me, again. How do you treat your migraines? These are becoming debilitating and kind of getting in the way of life and work.
I was still really tired. I went to set up the stream and it seemed that everything was fine. But then I actually started and pretty much all tech broke. So that was fun.
I get to try to fix my computer tonight.
I feel like after all the stupid things that happened today, I really needed to make something comforting.
I love corn chowder, but sometimes I want to make it a little different. So I decided to make it with chicken and Indian spices.
It was thick, sweet, slightly spicy, and just gorgeous.
This is the perfect winter meal!
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 lb chicken
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 ½ cups frozen corn
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tbs green curry paste
- 2 tbs brown sugar, packced
- 2 tbs turmeric
- ¼ tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp corriander
- 2 tsp cardamom
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbs corn starch
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- Salt and Pepper (I used 2 tbs salt, ½ tbs pepper
- Put oil into Instant Pot and put on Saute. Sprinkle each side of the chicken with a bit of salt and pepper. When the IP says hot brown each side for 2-3 minutes. Take out.
- Turn off saute, deglaze with the wine. Put in coconut milk, broth, corn, all seasoning and stir. Place chicken on top, seal, and Pressure Cook on High for 25 minutes. Natural pressure release for at least 10 minutes.
- Use forks to shred chicken.
- Mix water and cornstarch, stir in mixture and yogurt. Saute for 5 minutes or until thick.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
Just 4 more streams and then we are back to normal times! You should stop by to see some of these recipes and more made! Tons of extra content, just hit that follow button!