Quick and Delicious Sweet and Spicy Chicken Melt with a Side of Motivation
Planning my week has started to become a chore for me. It’s something that I usually love doing. (I’m a super planning nerd.) But this week, I have two important events to plan for and I really just want to say screw it and not do it.
Does anybody else have this problem? Where they’re usually really good about getting stuff ready and done, but then all of a sudden, you don’t want to do anything at all.
I mean, I kind of stopped unpacking too and it’s our third week here and we still have 2 rooms that aren’t unpacked. I mean, I don’t think I’m lazy, I just don’t have motivation right now.
I need something that will keep me going, I mean the year is only ½ way over.
Can you believe that in less than one week, it will be July?
What goals do you have for July?
My main goal is to really hit the blog hard this month, maybe change a few things that I don’t like about the layout, and hopefully grow about 15% on the blog and all my social media. I really challenge myself when I’m thinking of doing this stuff, but when I see the numbers go up, I do a little happy dance.
Speaking of happy dance, we got family photos done by my friend Chloe! I’m super excited to see them. Braedon was so cooperative, it was awesome.
He has been in a good mood lately, I think the move has really helped him to start to explore and love life. He absolutely loves being in the kitchen with me while I’m cooking. I think that this is amazing and I’m hoping that it will stay this way as he slowly progresses to being a toddler.
Because my motivation has been so low lately, I wanted to do an easy recipe using leftovers.
I know that sometimes chicken breasts come too many to a pack for my little family, and they expire quickly, so I want to grill it all up at once so that I can use the leftover breasts for something else.
This recipe is just that. I repurposed leftover grilled chicken into an amazing sandwich that was flavorful and quick to make.
Sweet and Spicy Leftover Chicken Melt
- 1 lb leftover grilled chicken
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 3 jalapenos (1 chopped, 2 julienned)
- 4 Apricots peeled and deseeded
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 lemmon juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz brie sliced
- Any type of bread (we use sourdough)
- Blend 1 pepper, apricots, mayo, cardamom, coriander, a dash of salt, pepper, and lemon juice together- refrigerate
- Heat oil in a medium sized pan over a medium-low heat
- Add onions and peppers- caramelize
- Put onions and peppers on the side
- Heat chicken all the way through (about 3 minutes)
- Put aioli onto bread
- Melt butter
- Put bread dry side down onto pan
- Add chicken, peppers, and brie
- Top bread and flip until golden brown
- Serve with salad, chips, or anything that goes with sandwiches
Wednesday I will be reviewing a new food truck park in San Francisco that I was invited to check out early!