Taco Stuffed Bell Peppers are a complete meal in the palm of your hand
I decided that Friday was a good blog to skip all together, I mean I haven’t really had a vacation if I’ve been posting and trying to keep up with things the whole time, right?
Plus, Braedon turned a year old.
I can’t believe it, my little bundle of joy, who was just born is now a year old.
We did a family get together for him and we are going to have a full party for him the first week of September.
I pretty much cried all day on Friday...and Saturday.
Sometime today, I am going to be home.
I am excited, I really am, but I am going to miss the quietness of the country and being around family. Braedon was so happy most of the time.
I also love the history in England, it’s just not really something that you get in the US.
But, I miss my bed, cooking, fast internet, fast phone connection, and Mexican food.
Gareth and I got a burrito in London the other day, nope, not the same taste at all. Don’t get me wrong, it was good, just not the same.
Because of my love of Mexican food, I decided to share with you my favorite stuffed bell pepper recipe.
It took me a long time to get this recipe perfect, but this last time, it was absolutely amazing.
Becca, my friend who is currently pregnant, thoroughly approved of it. Which is amazing in my book!
Taco Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 6 Bell Peppers
- 4 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup of rice
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 1/2 cup of black beans
- 1/2 cup grilled corn
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 chopped peppers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbs cayenne pepper
- 1 tbs cumin
- 1/2 tbs coriander
- 1/2 tbs oregano
- 1/2 tbs smoke paprika
- 1 cup cheddar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cut the top of the bell peppers and use a spoon to core it
- Gently rub the peppers with 2 tbs of olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Par cook the peppers for 15 minutes
- Bring water and rice to a boil, lower to a simmer, cover and allow to cook for 10 minutes
- Heat the rest of the olive oil, add corn, beans, onion, and garlic- cook for 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent
- Add in ground beef and cook until browned
- Stir in the rice and seasonings
- Gently fill the bell peppers
- Top with cheese and a small amount of paprika
- Put into oven- allow to cook for another 7-8 minutes until the cheese is brown