Spicy Chicken Stew to Warm the Heart
Did you guys ever read those ‘Chicken Soup’ books?
My mom used to buy them for me when I was a teenager, they were inspirational. I always liked the imagery of chicken soup for the heart.
It’s like a warm, comforting, blanket over your heart to protect you.
This fall is supposed to be a cold one and we all need something to warm us up and make us feel like we are safe and comfortable.
Chicken stew is one of my favorite things to do that, it’s warming, filling, and makes me feel at home even when I’m a thousand miles away.
This particular chicken stew has a little bit of a kick to it, so it can actually warm you from the inside out!
Spicy Chicken Stew
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 2 cups small red potatoes
- 3 chopped bell peppers
- 2 lbs chicken
- 1/2 Tbs chili powder
- 1 Tbs garlic powder
- 2 Tsp Paprika
- A dash of salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 bay leaves
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Over Medium high heat warm oil
- Add vegetables- sauté for 5 minutes
- Add chicken and spices- sauté for 7 minutes
- Add chicken broth, water, and bay leaves
- Cover pot with lid
- Put in oven for 20 minutes
- Take out of oven- shred chicken
- Place back in oven for 20 minutes
What is a food that you eat when you need to feel that warm blanket feeling?
Need some food for your eyes?
Need more chicken recipes? Check these out!