Irresistible Spiced Apple French Toast
What is one of your favorite fall flavors?
Mine happens to be spiced apple; when I worked at Starbucks, the baristas made this drink that was their caramel spiced apple cider mixed with a shot of espresso.
It tasted like apple pie.
And to me, apple pie is irresistible.
To this day, I will order one in the fall, just to get back the memories of my time as a barista.
I wanted to make this flavor into french toast, something that I can make at home for brunch and feel fancy, when it’s too cold to go out.
It was so good, B decided he did not want to wait for me to take photographs of it, and started stealing the apples and eating them.
Spiced Apple French Toast
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 Tbs white sugar
- 1/2 tsp nutmet
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbs Almond Extract
- 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 5 slices of bread
Apple Spice Sauce
- 3 gala apples
- 1/4 stick butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1 tbs pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 tbs bourbon (optional)
- Whisk eggs and milk until a light yellow color
- Add spices, sugars, and extract and whisk for another 30 seconds
- Set aside
- On medium heat, bring sliced apples, butter, and water to simmer
- Add spices, extract, sugar, and bourbon; bring to simmer stirring constantly.
- Leave on low heat for about 15 minutes
- In a skillet heat oil over medium-low heat
- Cover each slice of bread with egg mixture
- Brown on each side (about 3 minutes per side- if too dark, turn down heat)
- Serve with apples on top and powdered sugar for the best experience
This video was fun to film, but it might have been the hardest for me to edit yet.
I am so glad that I am doing these short videos, they help give me more inspiration on recipes to make for you guys!
Follow my youtube channel for new updates every week!
What is something that you want to see me make?