Happy 4th of July!
What are your plans today?
Gareth and I decided that we have to celebrate by making chili dogs, because that seems so patriotic!
We also have a birthday party for his friend’s daughter to go to. She wants to be a chef, so I got her a bunch of chef-y things! I’m so excited for her to see it all!
Braedon has not wanted to leave our side this weekend. Right now, he is sitting on my lap while I type this. Which proves a little difficult, but I’m a mom, I can multitask.
I posted photos on my Instagram the other day of this wonderful meal that I have created for you guys! It’s a super easy weekday meal that tastes better than coming out of a jar.
Yes, I am talking about spaghetti. It is one of my favorite things to make, the sauce is flavorful with bits of ground beef sprinkling it’s edges, and the noodles are the perfect carrier, with a slight salt flavor and a little olive oil coating them, it really makes you feel like you’re in a restaurant or in another place.
I love being transported by my meals. It’s like a mini-vacation at 6:30 every night. It is also the time that the whole family can sit down and enjoy something that I made and really bond over it.
Do you use food to bond in your home?
Spaghetti in an herbed meat marinara
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 3 cups of water
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tbs Olive oil
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 6 roma tomatoes quartered
- 8 oz tomato juice
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 1 sweet yellow onion chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbs pepper
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbs dried oregano
- 1 Tbs sugar
- Boil water with salt added in
- Add spaghetti and cook for about 7-9 minutes, depending on how soft you life them
- Drain- reserve 1 cup of water
- Heat olive oil in a medium saute pan at a medium high heat
- Add ground beef and brown for 3 minutes
- Add tomatoes, tomato juice, rosemary, basil, onion, salt, pepper, paprika, oregano, and sugar
- Simmer for about 20 minutes
- Use 1/2 of cup of pasta water to add into the marinara
- Use a masher to mash the tomatoes
- Reduce for about 10 minutes
- Taste and add salt and pepper as needed
- You can freeze this for up to 3 months!
So, let’s have a little motivation this week!
What are your goals?
My biggest goal is to get Braedon’s room done and him moved in! It’s a big project that will probably take days, but I am up for the challenge!
I also want to get him to the new park this week, because he loves parks.
And I want to try at least one new cafe to review for a Wednesday post!
Oh and the normal, trying to get readers and such. So if you know someone who would enjoy my posts, send them on over!