I have less than a week until I am in England.
And at this point, I am freaking out. I am afraid that I’m not going to have time for the blog or to keep things in order.
AND I have a babyshower that I’m helping plan for Saturday!
I’m making the cake and a few other things, it’s going to be so much fun!
My main goal for this week is to get everything done without stressing out or losing my mind.
I looked at my calendar and I have made all of the food for my posts this month, but I didn’t schedule anything for today!
So this weekend, I menu planned, recipe created, and came up with this amazing creole shrimp with red beans and rice.
We absolutely love cajun food in this house, I think that I’ve mentioned it before.
The best part of a good cajun dish is the roux, which I made with olive oil in this recipe, and seasonings, lots and lots of seasonings.
- 1 lb shrimp, cleaned
- 4tbs olive oil
- 2tbs flour
- 2 Cups chicken stock
- 3tbs hot sauce (I used Frank's, because it's easy to get)
- 1tbs cayenne pepper
- 2tsp paprika
- 2tsp chili powder
- 2tbs cajun seasoning
- 1tsp salt
- 2tsp pepper
- 2tsp thyme
- 2tsp tarragon
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- On a medium low heat heat the oil
- Slowly add in in the flour until a thick paste forms
- Add in the diced onion
- 1/4 cup at a time add in stock
- Add the spices and hot sauce
- Simmer for about 10 minutes
- Salt, pepper, and cajun season the shrimp
- Add them into mixture
- Cover and cook until shrimp are done (about another 10 minutes)
- Serve with rice!
Where should I go in London or Norfolk?
Have you flown with a toddler?
What snacks did you bring for them?
Tips for traveling and keeping up with the blog?
Answer these questions in the comments below!