Spinach and Mushroom Sauté + Giveaway!
Week 2 of making vegetables taste good! And week 2 of Thursday blogs!
I really like having another day to give you guys awesome recipes. Plus it lets me be creative and come up with new themes that I didn’t think of before.
I am currently holding a contest for anyone who answers the question; What is your least favorite vegetable?
If you go down to the bottom of this post there are several ways that you can enter!
This week's vegetable is spinach and as an added bonus mushroom!
I make a sauté that is perfect for any weeknight meal, especially since it has a lot to do with BACON!
I found out that it’s hard to take photos that are pretty of sauteed spinach since it’s just kind of wilted spinach. But I tried so hard to make it look pretty for you guys.
The flavors are perfect for this dish, you have the saltiness of the bacon with the tang of the lemon, mix it with the earthiness of the spinach and mushroom and you have umami.
Sautéed Spinach and Mushroom
- 1 head spinach
- 1 package bacon chopped thick
- 6 baby Portobello mushrooms chopped
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1 tbs oregano
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbs paprika
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Render down bacon on a medium heat
- Add mushrooms, cover and cook for 4 minutes, add garlic powder, cook for 1 minute
- Add spinach, cover and cook for 2 minutes or until wilted
- Add lemon zest and juice
- Add rest of the seasoning, cook for 1-2 minutes
Don’t forget to enter the contest!