Instant Pot Saffron Risotto
This is Day 2 of having migraine and having to cancel stream.
I don’t feel as guilty when I have to cancel stream now than I did when I first started. I treat this like a job, but I also know that if I make myself more sick I would have to cancel a lot more than 1 or 2 streams a week.
It’s all about self care.
Self care is also doing things like making your favorite risotto dish that takes no time, hardly any prep, and calms you to your bones!
The secret is to warm up the stock prior.
Perfect risotto 100% of the time!
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 2 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 cup Aborio rice
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp sage
- 15 strands Spanish Saffron
- 1 Bay Leaf
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper (I used about 2 1/2 tbs salt and 2 tbs pepper
- Put Instant Pot onto Saute, add oil, let it come to Hot, add in shallots for about 2 minutes, add in rice and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Take off of saute and deglaze with wine.
- Put the chicken stock in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in seasoning and stock, give a good stir.
- Seal and put on High Pressure for 5 minutes. Quick release pressure, let sit on keep warm for about 4 minutes. Add in parmesan cheese.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.