Instant Pot Pink Buddha Bowl
Today we celebrated officially being back for a month!
I am so excited that everything is up and running at full steam again!
I remember when I first started blogging, I did 30 days of posts, I think I want to do that again in January! It would get a lot of recipes out that I have been working on lately and let us have a little fun with content!
We made a cake during the celebration and I knew I would be sugared up, I had to make something healthy for lunch!
So I decided to make a Buddha Bowl, but even better than I have in the past.
For several reasons, the Buddha Bowl has pickled beet quinoa, lots of vegetables, and was made in the Instant Pot!
This lunch was so perfect, it had creaminess, earthiness, and a gorgeous color!
Instant Pot Pink Buddha Bowl
- 1 cup Qunioa, rinsed
- ¾ cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 3 beets, par-cooked, peeled, and sliced
- ¼ butternut squash, par-cooked and diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 lemon juiced
- 4 oz button mushrooms
- 1 avocado, diced
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 cup distilled vinegar
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup water
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp ground sage
- ¼ tsp butter
- ¼ cup garbanzo beans, rinsed
- Put 1 cup of water in the Instant Pot, add the steam rack and steam basket in the pot, place beets and butternut squash in. Manual high for 0 minutes, QR pressure
- Peel and slice beets, put distilled, balsamic, and water from the Instant Pot into a container with sliced beets and a pinch of salt and pepper
- Peel and dice the butternut squash
- Dry the insert and put 1 tbs of oil in it on Saute mode. Saute the onions for 3 minutes, place in a bowl and deglaze with a splash of broth. Take off Saute.
- Serve with honey, plain, or compote
- Mix vegetables with 2 tbs of oli, salt, and pepper; split into 2 foil packets.
- In a 7in cake pan, or whatever side cake pan fits in your Instant Pot, fill with 3/4 cups of pickled beet juice and ¾ cups of vegetable broth, ½ juiced lemon, butter, 1 tbs salt, 1 tbs pepper, cayenne, sage, and thyme
- Put in water, garbanzo beans, steam rack, trivet, vegetables, and quinoa in that order. Manual High for 1 minute, natural release for 10 minutes
- Serve with goats cheese, pesto sauce, hot sauce, avocado, and/or salmon
Quick Creamy Pesto Sauce
- 1 bunch basil
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- ½ lemon juiced
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 oz toasted pinenuts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Blend all ingredients until smooth
Please do not forget that we are going to be hosting a big brunch benefiting the San Francisco-Marin Food Bank on December 16th! If you are interested in going, click here for tickets!
We are hosting events on our Twitch all week as well! We are offering special raffles and incentives to donate! You can also go on that link and click the donate button for the SFM Food Bank!