Do you ever have days where you feel like everything is going wrong?
That is how I feel right now.
When I was creating this Chicken Casserole dish for you guys I was waiting for the rice, so I decided to clean my fridge out. I dropped some left overs and it literally went everywhere in my kitchen. I had to stop cooking and clean my kitchen from top to bottom.
But after cleaning, I made a chicken casserole that is to die for. And yes, it will leave more leftovers, but at least I don’t have to cook tomorrow.
Even chefs get tired of cooking sometimes. I really have days where I want to look into the fridge and have food that is already made. I think that’s one reason that I like casseroles, you have so much left over and you can have a day off cooking and it tastes just as good, no better, than having fast food.
What do you choose, casseroles and leftovers or takeout?
Not Yo Mama's Chicken Casserole
We take a classic chicken casserole and throw some extra seasoning in it to make something delicious!
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2lbs chicken
- 2 Tbs butter
- 4 Tbs flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 tbs heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbs smoke paprika
- 2 tbs garlic powder
- 1 Tbs onion powder
- 1/2 tbs oregano
- 1/2 tbs basil
- 1/2 tbs rosemary
- 1 cup rice
- 1.75 cups water
- 1 can of cream of chicken
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli or other veg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- Season chicken with salt and pepper
- Place chicken into pan and cook each side for about 5 minutes
- Put rice and water into a pot and bring to a simmer, lower heat and put a top onto the pot- simmer for about 10-12 minutes
- Melt butter in a sauce pan
- Mix in the flour and then the chicken stock
- When smooth add in a little cream and cheese
- Add in cream of chicken
- Add in veggies
- Take chicken out and cut against the grain
- Mix chicken into veggie mixture
- Mix in seasonings and rice
- Put into casserole dish and add cheese and breadcrumbs on top
- Bake until top is golden brown
Cook time: 40 mins.
Total time: 55 mins.Tags: chicken, casserole, quick, easy
I’ve had a great blogiversary week so far! I have been experimenting with a lot of different dishes, I am going to bring you guys so many good recipes this year! I hope you are ready for this!
I had to change some things around for the week, but that’s what happens. I am really glad that I had a backup plan.
I always try to have backup plans, so this week is still going to be as amazing as I had originally planned for you guys!
Man, today was the day of the backup plan. The gross weather that we are having right now caused me to be inside most of the time and not able to go get any food to make for a potluck I was having with a bunch of chefs.
I wound up making the creole shrimp that I made in July and just hoped that people would actually like it. I am still praying that people actually liked it!
Do you make backup plans?
Here’s what I used for this recipe
Need more recipes?