It is the last Monday of August and like I always say, where did this month go?
I decided to end the month, I give you guys a special recipe.
My extra special blueberry muffin recipe.
Why is it extra special? Well, because it was one of the first recipes that I actually curated myself.
I remember working on it when I was like 12, trying to figure out how to make the best muffin, so that I could say that I did it myself.
Blueberry Streusel Muffins
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup milk (we use 2%)
- 2 cups of fresh blueberries
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix 4 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, and 1 teaspoon vegetable oil until a sandy texture and set aside. (I also used some colored sugar to make them a little more fun)
- In a medium bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt, sugar together
- In a large bowl mix butter, eggs, vanilla extract, almond extract, and milk together
- Slowly add the dry mix to the wet mix until there are no clumps
- Toss blueberries in
- Line and grease 12 cup muffin pan- fill about 2/3 the way up
- Divide the streusel topping among the muffins
- Cook for about 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
TECHMunch was a lot of fun! I will be doing a whole post on it on Wednesday with all of the great advice that they gave. It really helped me to see where I want to go with my blog!
Stay in touch for updates, special recipes, and general funness!
Also, throw your email into the subscribe box! Starting next week, I will be sending my subscribers special recipes that you can only find on your email!