If you couldn’t tell from the last few weeks, we love casseroles in our house. They are pretty easy and they last a few days. It makes my life so much easier.
Especially when I have so much going on and don’t want to do much in the way of cooking, but I definitely don’t want takeout.
Takeout just gets old and we ate a lot of it when I was pregnant because I never wanted to cook. It was just such a chore back then, especially since I was working full time and pregnant. It just got old.
Now, I love cooking again and experimenting and coming up with more and more recipes for you guys and for us and you guys out in the internet world.
Today I made you guys a Mexican Pie. It has a creamy mexican bechamel sauce, fancy word for cheese sauce, ground beef seasoned perfectly, corn tortillas, and cheese… lots of cheese.
So if you like tacos or lasagnas, for that fact, this recipe is for you.
I mean, I made it and my back still is less than great.
But it’s a lot better than it was when I pulled it.
If you're craving a taco, but want left overs for tomorrow, I have the best recipe for you! A Mexican Taco! This casserole is perfect for the taco lovers out there
- 2 tbs oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup crushed tomato
- 2 tbs onion powder
- 3 tbs minced garlic
- 2 tbs cumin
- 1 tbs corriander
- 1 tbs cayenne pepper
- 1.5 tbs paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 tbs flour
- 1.5 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup monterey jack
- 1/4 cup pepper jack
- Corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Over medium heat brown ground beef
- Add crushed tomatoes and 1 tbs onion powder, 2 tbs minced garlic, 2 tbs cumin, 1 tbs corriander, 1/2 tbs cayenne, 1/2 tbs paprika, and a pinch of salt and pepper
- Saute for 10 minutes or until cooked through
- Over medium low heat, heat butter in large sauce pan
- Whisk in flour
- Whisk in sour cream and milk until smooth
- Add the rest of the seasoning and 1/2 the cheese
- Layer in casserole dish: cheese sauce, tortillas, mean, cheese sauce and repeat until finished
- Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese and cook for 17 minutes or until a brown crust forms on the cheese
Yield: 8 servingPrep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 40 mins.
Total time: 50 mins.
I’m super excited for the weekend, I get to go to the Winter Fancy Food Show. I haven’t been in so long. It is amazing because you get to see all kinds of different foods that you normally would have to scour the internet for.
What are your plans for the rest of the week?
Need more recipes?