That is the worst joke known to man, but it is 10:15 PM after a very long day!
Today's normal blog is brought to you by the letter 'M' for 'matcha.' You know that green powder stuff that they use in green tea lattes and boba teas and, well lot of things? The color, the taste, the versatility, it may be the best thing in the world.
You know what you pair it with? Cream puffs, wanna know why? Because it tastes delicious. Ask the 4 people that ate the 12 that I made in one day.
But first, let me tell you about my day. Because, I am a mother and only have a hand full of people to talk to about this stuff!
Braedon woke up at 2 and cried until 3, after Gareth and I were already exhausted. Then he woke up at 6:30. Least to say, it has been a very long day.
We went to brunch with some friends, who recently announced they were pregnant! I shamelessly promoted the Parenthoods app, because that's just who I am. Braedon ate 1/2 of my eggs and calamari. He really is starting to scarf down whatever he can get his hands on!
We met with the couple that I donate milk to after that. The mother bought Braedon the cutest outfit, I am so excited for him to wear it! It's his first pair of dungarees!
Leonardo DiCaprio finally won an Oscar tonight! That's exciting!
Braedon took over an hour to put down! He is just so grumpy today!
And I have yet to actually do my grocery list for the week, which is very abnormal for me. I hate being behind.
Next line of work- Day 28/30 of my blogging challenge. What is in my freezer? Breast milk. That's pretty much it. Seriously. I have a few frozen peas and carrots, but mostly, just breast milk.
And now the moment that you have all been waiting for! Matcha cream puffs dipped in chocolate!
Matcha Cream Puffs
Choux- Pastry Shell
- 1 Cup water
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 1 Cup all purpose flour
- 4 Large eggs
- 1 1/4 Cup Whipping Cream
- 1/4 Cup 2% Milk
- 1/3 Cup Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 tsp Matcha powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Butter a 12 cup muffin pan
- Bring water and butter to boil
- Slowly stir in flour until it forms a large shiny ball
- Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool for 10 minutes
- Add 1 egg at a time, stir for an extra 5 minutes after the last egg
- Add 1Tbs-2Tbs of mixture into muffin pan
- Cook for 25-35 minutes or until puffed up and golden. DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR AT ANYTIME DURING COOKING OR THE PUFF WILL GO FLAT
- Whip together the cream, milk, vanilla extract, until soft peaks start to form
- Add in the powdered sugar a little at a time, making sure it is smooth, add in vanilla pudding and matcha powder- whip until a smooth and thick consistency
- Make chocolate covering from Chocolate Bacon post
- Dip all choux into the chocolate and cool for 1 hour
- Cut a hole into side of pastry and fill with the whipped matcha
- Serve with powdered sugar or just the way they are!
Subscribe to the blog, yo! Also comment, and like, and follow my other accounts!
See you tomorrow!