Instant Pot Jambalaya
I have had a really bad migraine all day.
It has pretty much put me out for the entire day, so this will be short and sweet.
Most people know that Cajun food is my specialty and I love finding ways to turn my traditional Cajun dishes into Instant Pot dishes!
I loved this dish and it kept really well for left overs over the next few days!
What is your favorite dish to make for leftovers?
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 cup white rice, rinsed
- 2 tbs cajun seasoning
- 1 tbs Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- ¼ tsp red pepper chili flakes
- 1 tbs worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb Andouille Sausage
- 1 cup frozen shrimp
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Salt and Pepper (I used about 2 tbs salt and 1 tbs pepper
- Put Instant Pot onto Saute, add oil, let it come to Hot, add in onions for about 2 minutes, add in celery, bell peppers,sausage, and garlic for 1 more minute.
- Take off of saute and deglaze with wine.
- Add in seasoning, hot sauce, worcestershire sauce, tomatoes, shrimp, and chicken stock and give a good stir. Add in the rinsed rice. Do not stir after this point.
- Seal and put on High Pressure for 5 minutes. Allow to natural release for 10 minutes, do a quick release after.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.