Instant Pot Yogurt and Blueberry Compote
My kid eats yogurt like it is going out of style, he eats at least one a day.
Which is good for his calcium! But it is not good that all of the yogurt you buy in the store has a ton of sugar. I wanted to create something for him that would make it easy for him to get his yogurt, but me not worry about sugaring him up!
I created the perfect recipe, it was a thinner yogurt, but that is perfect for all of the things that we want to use it for!
I also made a quick blueberry compote to top it off!
Hope your kiddos love it as much, or more, than mine!
Instant Pot Yogurt
- 1 Gallon Full Fat Milk
- 1 cup plain live culture yogurt (starter)[I used Chobani full fat yogurt]
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tbs honey
- Put milk and honey in Instant Pot, push yogurt twice (boil), bring to boil for 5 minutes. Take off heat and let cool to 100F. Take a spoon and take film off top
- Mix in the yogurt & lemon, put back into Pot and put on Yogurt for 8.5 hours
- Strain through a cheesecloth 3 time to make extremely smooth
- Put in fridge for at least 4 hours
- Serve with honey, plain, or compote
Instant Pot Blueberry Compote
- 1 lb frozen blueberries
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tbs sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbs cornstarch
- 4 tbs water (flurry)
- Put Instant Pot on Saute, add butter, and brown for about 4 minutes
- Take off saute and add blueberries, lemon, and water and scrape the bottom.
- Add sugar, seal, High Pressure 3 minutes. Let Natural Release for 3 minutes, put on Saute and sadd slurry
- Bring to boil for 5 minutes. Let cool to room temp and then put in fridge for 3 hours.
Also head over to the Twitch if you want to participate in the shenanigans of the donations for the Food Bank!