Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Chicken
I have been trying to get all of my recipes together for the 30 days of Instant Pot that I am starting next Monday!
It is going to be so much fun! I cannot wait to share with you guys all of the fun things that we can make, I hope to blow a few people’s minds.
Today was the first day back streaming since the New Year and oh man, it was so much fun. I literally could not choose which dish that I wanted to feature on the blog today! In the end, I wound up picking the sweet and sour chicken.
I mostly chose it because, oh my goodness, it was so good. I almost ate a pound of it by myself, but wound up freezing the rest since I’m the only person in my house that eats chicken.
I added a little spice, because for some reason I have always felt that this chicken was way too sweet. It is also a little healthier because I do not fry the chicken!
Sweet and Sour Chicken
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 can chopped pineapple, drained with juice saved
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, sliced
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- ½ cup white wine, split
- ½ cup flour, for dredging
- 1 lb chicken, diced
- ¼ tsp crushed red peppers
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbs corn starch
- ½ cup of water
- Salt and pepper, split
- 4 drops of natural orange food coloring (can buy or juice 6 carrots with 3 tbs paprika)
- Put 1 tbs oil into Instant Pot and put on Saute. Put in diced peppers. After 2 minutes, add shallots, garlic, and pineapple for 1 more minute.
- Deglaze with ¼ cup of white wine, put in to another bowl and put to side
- Mix flour with about 1 tbs of salt and ½ tbs of pepper, dredge chicken. Add oil to Instant Pot, wait for Hot and then brown the dredged chicken. Take out of Pot, turn off saute, add the rest of the white wine and deglaze thoroughly.
- Add vegetable mixture back, chicken stock, vinegar, sugar, and seasoning. Place trivet on top of vegetables with chicken on top.
- Seal Instant Pot, put on High Pressure for 6 minutes with a QR at the end.
- Take the chicken out, put Instant Pot onto saute, mix the cornstarch with water to form a slurry, and add it to the vegetable mixture. Allow to come to boil for at least 5 minutes, stir in food coloring, and chicken.
- Taste test and adjust seasoning. Serve with rice
I am going to keep pressing forward growing my Twitch and including all of you lovely people on it. It is such a great way to see exactly how easy it is to make all of these meals! Plus all of the bonus recipes that come along with it! Just click the link, create an account, hit the follow button, and make sure the notifications are turned on for you!