Instant Pot Pork Belly Ramen
Well hello again internet!
It has been over a year since I last worked on this blog. I have gone through a lot in the past year. I suffered some major depressive episodes that kept me away from doing things that I love like streaming and blogging.
But fear not, your friend is back with a vengeance.
Today was my first cooking stream since pretty much January and I had so much fun. Right now I am working mostly with my Instant Pot, as I am trying to finish some recipes for a cookbook.
I decided to do the unthinkable.
To make RAMEN in the Instant Pot.
I am talking bone broth to noodles, every single part of it. Let me tell you, I loved saving time. The last time that I made ramen it literally took over a day to do. This time I finished in about 2 hours and cooked some other things in between.
Enough chit chat, let me take you from pork bones to pork ramen in a flash with the Instant Pot!
Instant Pot Pork Ramen
- 3 lbs Pork Bone and Marrow
- 1 Leek Chopped
- 10 Cloves Garlic
- 6 Shishito Peppers
- 2 lbs Pork Belly sliced
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- 3 tbs Sesame Oil
- 3 tbs Dark Miso Paste
- 5 cups Water
- 1 lb Eniko Mushrooms Split and Chopped
- ¼ Cup White Wine for Deglazing
- 2 tbs Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- ½ tsp Fish Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1lb Ramen Noodles
- Roasted Sesame Seeds
- 4 large eggs
- Put Instant Pot onto saute, add olive oil, leeks, garlic, ¼ mushrooms, ¼ lb pork belly, shishitos, and pinch of salt and pepper. Saute for 5 minutes
- Add wine and deglaze the bottom, take off of saute
- Add bones, water, mushrooms, miso, fish sauce, sesame oil, another pinch of salt and pepper. Put Instant Pot on High Pressure for 45 minutes
- When it is finished, let Natural Release for 10 minutes and then quick release the rest of pressure. Strain broth into a bowl and discard the rest.
- Put Instant Pot onto Saute, add the rest of the pork belly and render the fat. It should crisp up in about 7 minutes.
- Take off of Saute, add broth back in with pork. Add the rest of the mushrooms, eggs, and the soy sauce. Put on High Pressure for 25 minutes. Natural Release for 10 minutes and Quick Release the rest.
- Put Instant Pot onto saute, bring to boil, add noodles for 1-3 minutes
- Serve with seaweed and a little extra sesame oil
It was awesome to finally write a blog again!
I will have a new blog up on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from now on! So remember the schedule and go to it when you are looking for some amazing eats!
Side side note! My kiddo is 3, time is passing way too fast! He is growing and doing amazing! He also loves food and eating, so I feel like that is a definite win!