Instant Pot Boeuf (Beef) Bourguignon
Today is day one of the 30 days, 30 Instant Pot recipe challenge that I am giving myself!
You may want to know why I’m doing this. It is a good question. And I have answers, they just may not be the best ones!
First of all, I want to make up for the lack of posting over the last year. I feel like I did not have a creative bone in my body for the last year. I feel like people get like that. Plus I put all of my extra time and energy into the cookbook!
Another reason I’m doing this, is because I have so many amazing recipes for the Instant Pot and I’m just working on more everyday, so they need to be shared with the world!
Finally I am doing this challenge because I really just want to see if I can do it. I did something similar when I was first starting blogging, so it is interesting to do it 3 years later!
I am a Julia Child fan like no other, not only have I studied her style of cooking French food for years, I have also read multitudes of studies on her and her flavor. You could say, I’m obsessed.
Her greatest dish is the Boeuf (beef) Bourguignon. And generally this dish takes a million years to make, but I have been testing different ways to make it in the Instant Pot with the same amount of flavor and texture.
- ½ lb bacon, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped on bias
- 1 lb whole crimini mushrooms
- 2 lbs brisket, cut in half(tri-tip if brisket not available)
- 2 tbs olive oil, split
- 1 ½ cups Red Wine
- ¼ cup Brandy
- 1 cup beef stock
- ¼ cup Worcestershire
- 2 tbs dried thyme, split
- 1 tbs rosemary, split
- Salt and Pepper (I used about 2 ½ tbs salt and about 1 ½ tbs pepper)
- Put Instant Pot onto Saute, let it come to Hot, add in bacon and crisp. Add in onion for about 2 minutes.
- Mix brandy and wine together. Take Instant Pot off of Saute, put half of the wine mixture in the pot and deglaze. Put onion mixture in a bowl and sit to the side.
- Wipe any moisture out of the pot, put ½ oil in and place on saute until it comes to hot. Sprinkle salt and pepper on each side of the brisket. Brown each side for about 2-3 minutes or until it has a little crisp. Take out of pot. Turn off Instant Pot and deglaze with the rest of the wine mixture.
- Put carrots into foil with the rest of the oil, a pinch of salt, pepper, rosemary, and thyme. Make sure foil is completely sealed.
- Add onions mixture, mushrooms, beef stock, Worcestershire sauce, and the rest of the seasoning, give a good stir.
- Place your steam basket on top of vegetable mixture, put meat and carrot foil pack on top of that. Seal your Instant Pot and put on High Pressure for 45 minutes. Natural Release for at least 15 minutes when it is done.
- Taste test and adjust seasoning.
I will be adding a day into streaming while I am doing this challenge, so be sure to go to my Twitch, create an account, hit the follow and notification button so that you can see all of these dishes made! I also give a ton of tips and a lot of extra content!
If you like this recipe, be sure to pin it for later!