I really hope that you guys get that reference....
Anyway, as promised, I am doing two blogs a week now. One on Wednesdays and one on Sundays. My question to you is, how can I make the two posts different? I mean I don't think I want to just post recipes all of the time. I could do video Wednesday, where I have a short video of me cooking something and then posting the recipe. Or Wednesday can be purely about how life is going for me and my child. Or it could be ask me questions Wednesday, where I answer some of your questions about cooking! What do you think? What would you like to do?
Since I don't have an answer right now, we can just make this a regular blog post, as if it were Sunday.
My friend has been in town since Saturday, she just left. I never knew how exhausting it is to walk around with a 17 pound baby strapped to your chest. We did like 20 miles in 3 days!
I broke my phone screen shortly after writing Sunday's post. It makes me so sad to look at, it is pretty awful actually.
Braedon and I got to go to Alcatraz again with her and took our first cable car ride! He really liked that, I guess because it's so open and he can see so much more. I think I'll have to do that with him more often.
The weather has been awful here. It's so cloudy and rainy all of the time. It makes it hard for me to want to go out and do anything. Like, I just want to curl up on the couch with a good book.
So, I think I'm going to post about what I made yesterday. It was a delicious burrito bowl with a creamy avocado sauce on top. I love getting burrito bowls from Chipotle and I always thought that I could copy it, plus a little more, so I tried and succeeded. Gareth and I demolished it, I'm not even kidding.
Chef Krysten's Awesome Burrito Bowl
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp cilantro
- 1 tbs butter
- 1/2 lemon zest
- 1 lemon juice
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 lb flank steak cut into cubes
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 8 oz tomato paste
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp chili seasoning
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
Avocado Cream Sauce
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 Tbs sour cream
- Cayenne Pepper
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put butter in medium sauce pan and turn to medium heat
- Put rice, cilantro, lemon zest, lemon juice in pot and brown rice
- Add chicken stock-bring to boil
- Lower temperature to simmer until fluffy (about 15 minutes)
- Put Olive oil into large sautéing pan
- When oil is hot add steak and brown
- Add onions and red peppers to the mixture
- When onions are caramelized add black beans, seasoning, and tomato paste
- Continue to cook for 5 minutes
- Blend avocados, cream, sour cream, lime juice, cayenne pepper, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper until creamy
- Layer rice-topping-avocado sauce, optional ways to serve this would be with lettuce, sour cream, and salsa
Lasts in the fridge for 48 hours, and I would not freeze this!