It’s been a little less than a week since I’ve gotten to Surlingham.
Braedon has been severely sick this week, so I haven’t been able to really do anything other than take care of him.
Today I’m going to see my best friend outside of London. I am so excited! I haven’t seen her in over a year!
Gareth and I just got back from a pub that was built in the 1700s! Wait for Friday to hear more about it!
I feel weird not promoting the blog very much this week and my readership has gone down a lot, but oh well, everyone needs a break, right?
Since everyone needs a break I decided to share with you guys my favorite recipe ever.
The first time that I ever had anything like this I was visiting a cajun restaurant in Waco.
I was probably 17 and from that moment, I decided that food was what I really wanted to do. Not law, not speech, not being a doctor, not anything that I had ever said that I wanted to be.
I wanted to do food.
Over the years I have really perfected it, but it is still the same cheesy goodness that it always has been.
Sausage Cajun Alfredo
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 tbs flour
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 4 tbs Franks Red Hot Sauce (less if you don't like heat)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper all cut into small slices
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 4 Andouille Sausages chopped
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 2 Cups Water
- 2/3 cups parmesan
- 1/4 cup mozzarella
- 2 tbs cajun seasoning
- 1 tbs cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp pepper
- 3 tbs paprika
- Heat the butter over a medium high heat
- Whisk in the flour until thick
- Carefully whisk in the milk and cream until a thick cream forms
- Add in the chicken stock- let simmer for about 10 minutes
- Add onions, hot sauce, bell peppers, and seasonings, simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
- Boil water, add a little salt, and the fettuccini-cook for 8 minutes or until al dente
- Add the sausage, keep simmering until finished
- Mix in the cheese, noodles, and 1 cup of the water until creamy