Decadent Chocolate Cake
It’s been a long week, I didn’t think I would be able to get today’s blog out. I was too busy working on a personal chef job.
I think the food turned out pretty amazing, so I’m hoping that they think so too.
I was so proud of my cake that I decided to do a whole blog on it.
I have never thought that I was that good at decorating cakes, I feel like it always turns out terrible, but this cake made me super happy.
And it tasted amazing as well.
My fingers are still dyed red from the maraschino cherries that I used to decorate the cake.
I also was sugar high for the longest time because the chocolate butter cream that I used was so good.
You know the kind of buttercream that is smooth, sweet, yet a little bitter. That’s what this buttercream was like.
And moist chocolate of the cake really makes the whole cake sing.
Least to say, I was proud of this cake.
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose four
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- chocolate buttercream frosting
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a round 9' pan
- Mix cocoa, baking powder, flour, salt
- Beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add one egg at a time
- Add the vanilla extract
- Take a little of the flour mixture and add it to butter mixture, add a little milk, continue doing this until all the flour and milk is gone
- Pour cake batter into pan
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick will come out clean
- Allow to cool before frosting the cake.
Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 6 Tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbs half and half
- Beat butter until pale and scrape down the bowl
- Add 3 cups of powdered sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, and half and half
- Mix on low until powdered sugar and cocoa powder and incorporated