Instant Pot Clam Chowder
We are on day 4, just chugging along through all of my amazing Instant Pot meals!
It has been super rainy and cold in San Francisco, so I decided to put my Instant Pot to the test to make a tried and true recipe. And by tried and true, I mean it is tried and true to make you feel better when you’re freezing cold.
I made New England Clam Chowder.
This Instant Pot version of the creamy version is amazing. I mean absolutely amazing. It was creamy, full of yummy bacon and clams, and so very warming.
I had to grab a loaf of sourdough to eat with it, because that is what we do in the city!
New England Clam Chowder
- 8 oz bacon, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 medium Russet potatoes, diced
- 2 tbs rosemary, fresh
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 cup clam juice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup white wine
- 3 cans of fancy baby clams (1 cup of juice saved for broth)
- 1 tbs cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 3 tbs red wine vinegar
- Salt and Pepper (I used about 2 tbs salt and 1 1/2 tbs pepper
- Put Instant Pot onto Saute, let it come to Hot, add in bacon. Saute until almost finished.
- Add onions and celery, saute for 1 minute, add garlic, saute for another minute. Take off of saute, deglaze with white wine.
- Put in potatoes, rosemary, clam juice, chicken stock, and salt and pepper, and Bay leaves. Give a good stir.
- Place on High Pressure for 15 minutes, allow to Natural Pressure Release for 10 minutes, Quick Release the rest of the pressure.
- Stir Cornstarch into water to form a slurry, mix in slurry, cream, red wine vinegar, and clams.
- Put on Saute for about 5 minutes to warm and thicken.
- Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve with crusty bread.