It’s early, B woke up an hour before he usually does. I think this is becoming the norm.
Good thing I have something that can keep me going, cinnamon rolls!
This is the last part of my bread machine series, hopefully, now you know a few other things that you can do with a bread machine other than bread.
I love cinnamon rolls, especially when it has the cream cheese frosting on it. There’s just something about it that makes me happy. Probably the warmth and the gooey texture of the cinnamon roll.
B ate it up, because you know I want him to have a sugar high for the entire day. Good thing I only gave him a quarter of one, even though I bet he would have eaten the whole thing if given the chance.
Cinnamon rolls are probably my favorite breakfast, I’ve always been into sweet breakfasts, not really savory. I like feeling like I’m eating dessert first thing in the morning. It really gets me up and going!
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tbs water
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/3 tsp yeast
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 7 tbsp butter softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 tbs melted butter
- 3 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- Place milk, water, egg, butter, flour, sugar, salt, and yeast in the order specified by your manufacturer
- Take dough and roll out on a floured surface until it's a rectangle
- Combine the brown sugar, 2tbs melted butter, and cinnamon and spread it onto the dough
- Roll and use a sharp knife to cut about 1 inch circles, place into a greased 9x13inch pan
- Cover and leave in a warm place for 30 minutes
- Heat oven to 350F and cook for 25 minutes
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, 7tbs butter, vanilla, 2 tbs milk, powdered sugar, and 1/4 tsp of salt until smooth and fluffy
What’s your favorite breakfast?