Instant Pot Chicken Lime Tortilla Soup
My favorite thing about fall and winter is all of the amazing soups that you can make!
And I know I keep saying that you can make more than just soup in the Instant Pot, but you can’t help making a full flavored and hearty soup in less than an hour!
Like that is a feat of miracles in my head!
One of my favorite soups to get out is Chicken Lime Tortilla Soup, so I decided to try to make it at home!
I have literally been on a winning streak of my recipes lately, let me tell you!
It was amazing and so well developed, definitely going to be on my normal rotation from now on!
Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 medium jalapenos, minced
- 1 cup corn
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and choppedd
- 1 can kidney beans
- ⅓ cup white wine
- ½ cup white rice
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 tbs dried oregano
- ½ tsp corriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chile powder
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 lime, zested
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 ½ cups Chicken Broth
- Salt and Pepper (at least 1 tbs salt and ½ tbs pepper
- ½ cup crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup crushed tortilla strips
- Put Instant Pot on saute, add oil, when it comes to heat add onions and saute for 1 minute, add carrots and saute for another 2 minutes
- Take off saute, add wine and deglaze the bottom. Add all the rest of the ingredients and give a good stir!
- Put on High Pressure for 15 minutes, Natural Release for at least 5 minutes, and then control release the rest
- Taste to make sure the seasoning is correct, adjust as needed
- Serve with cheese, avocado, and sour cream