Chicken Fried Chicken
Braedon is turning 2 on Saturday and boy is he acting like a 2 year old.
During stream, he screamed and cried and just completely threw a fit every time that I did anything.
I got really annoyed and didn’t know what to do about it, so I just kept giving him food to get at least 5 minutes of peace and quiet.
Luckily on stream I was doing a bunch of Southern food that I really miss right now.
My favorite thing that I made was chicken fried chicken.
Everyone asked me why it’s called chicken fried chicken and I really don’t know why. I think it’s because it’s boneless and fried chicken is usually with a bone in it. But that’s the best explanation that I can tell you.
What I do know, is that it tastes amazing and makes you so happy after you eat it.
Especially if you have a mound of mashed potatoes, some greens, and cornbread. Oh my gosh that sounds so good right now.
Chicken Fried Chicken
- 1 lbs chicken, pounded thin, cut in half
- 1 qt buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs paprika, split
- 2 tbs garlic powder, split
- 1 tbs Italian seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Mix the buttermilk, egg, 1/2 paprika, 1/2 garlic powder, Italian seasoning, pinch of salt and pepper
- Pound the chicken to about 1 in thin
- Soak the chicken in the buttermilk for 3-4 hours up to overnight
- Mix flour with the rest of the seasoning and the baking powder
- Take out the chicken and bang off the extra liquid, and dip in the flour
- Heat oil to 135F and cook chicken for about 4 minutes on each side or until the internal temp is 165F
- Throw in about 1/2 cup of flour, mix in milk, and chicken stock until smooth. Mix in a pinch of salt and 2 pinches of pepper.
Starting in a week, I will be streaming at Noon PST instead of of 3PST because B will be in school again.
I am so excited for him to go back to school, he needs more stimulation that what I can give him. I have been taking him to the park, to different museums, and to other things, but I feel like I am not enough to him.
I’ve started cooking with him, trying to teach him to cook as well. Let’s just say he may still be a little too young for that.
Hopefully the older he gets the more he likes cooking with me.