Do What Yo Mama Wants ft. Chicken and Dumplings
I am currently laying on the floor with my son, because he cries if I sit anywhere else. He is definitely going through a clingy phase, which sucks, because I need to make dinner!
Gareth is at a meetup right now, so I don't need to make dinner until, well right now. But instead, I'm writing a blog!
The last few days have been great with Braedon, I literally cannot believe how fast he is growing up. I gave him a long and fun bath this morning! He really enjoyed it. I also cleaned up the house and did a charcoal facemask, of which burned the crap out o my face. Not getting that one again.
My mom wanted to know my chicken and dumpling recipe, so I decided that is what I was going to post about tonight! Gotta do what yo mama tells ya!
I made this last night, it turned out really well. The shining star was definitely the dumplings, I added some herbs into them so they had a little bit more flavor.
Chicken and Dumplings
- 1lb chicken breasts
- 4 carrots chopped
- 8 small potatoes quartered
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 Tbs rosemary
- 2 Tbs thyme
- 2 Tbs parsley
- 1 Tbs garlic powder
- 3 Cups Chicken broth
- 1 Cup water
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 Cups flour
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 6 Tbs melted butter
- 1/2 Cup 2% milk
- 1/4 Cup Heavy cream
- 2 Tbs parsley
- 1 Tbs Oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Heat large pot
- Salt and pepper chicken and brown in pot- 6 minutes each side
- Take out chicken and put onto a plate- set aside
- Put all vegetables into drippings- heat until soft- about 10 minutes
- Add broth, water, thyme, rosemary, bay leaves, parsley, salt, pepper, and chicken into pot
- Bring to a simmer for 30 minutes
- While simmering mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, butter, milk, cream, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper to form a dough
- Take 2 cups of liquid out of the pot and mix with flour to thicken
- Take chicken breasts out and shred them
- Add the liquid and breasts back into the pot-simmer for 10 minutes
- Form balls with the dough and put into pot
- Allow to firm 15-20 minutes
This can be kept for a few days, it tastes just as good the next day!
Ask me question, follow me, subscribe, share this wonderful post! See you on Sunday!