Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings
Day 2 of 30 days of blogging Instant Pot recipes and this one is delicious, easy, and definitely a toddler favorite in this house!
Chicken and Dumplings!
I’m a Southerner at heart, so this dish just sings to me. Pretty much every time that I have made it or had it out.
It is the epitome of a comfort food.
Plus, it gets some easy veggies into your kid’s mouth without them complaining! I mean, win-win, right?
Actually, it is a win-win-win, because it is super easy to make in the Instant Pot!
Chicken and Dumplings
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 lb chicken
- 2 tbs rosemary, fresh
½ tbs dried sage
¼ tsp cayenne
¼ cup white wine
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tube biscuits (5 count)
- Salt and Pepper (I used 2 tbs salt and 1 ½ tbs pepper)
- Put Instant Pot onto Saute, add oil, let it come to Hot, add in chicken that has been salted and peppered. Sear on one side for about 2 minutes, flip, add in onions and continue searing for 2-3 minutes.
- Take off of saute, add in wine and deglaze all fond off the bottom. Proceed to add carrots, stock, Worcestershire sauce, herbs, and seasoning. Give good stir.
- Place the biscuits on top of the soup. Seal lid, put on High Pressure for 15 minutes. When finished Natural Release for about 10 minutes and then Quick Release the rest of the pressure.
- Take biscuits out, shred chicken, and add the cream. Put on saute for about 5 minutes to thicken. Take off saute after 5 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve each bowl with 1 biscuit.
Today I went to the Specialty Food Association’s Winter Fancy Food Fest! That is a mouthful when I type it out! I got to meet a lot of amazing food curators and hopefully form a few good relationships with MomNoms!
I also got to taste some amazing dishes and get new inspiration, which is always needed in this line of work!
Tomorrow is Wednesday, which means we are streaming! If you want to see some of these dishes get made, plus more, follow me on Twitch and hit the notifications button so that you’ll know when to stop by!
Follow me on Instagram for great photos and be sure to check out the stories for a few more recipes that do not get featured here!
Twitter is where all of my random thoughts and favorite recipes from other chefs and bloggers go!
If you like this, feel free to Pin for later!