It’s that time of month again, a recipe exchange with another fantastic blogger. I love doing these, because I get to experience different foods that I would never have thought of making.
I also only have 2 Wednesday’s left of my casserole series, so I scoured my blogger’s website for a casserole and she had one! I was so excited.
My blogger this month is Berley’s Kitchen or Kimberley who has been blogging since November 2015 and has come up with some amazing recipes. She believes that anyone can learn to cook and I agree with her 100%.
I think with a little guidance, the worst cook can become the best. I mean, you see it on Worst Cooks in America. That’s a show that I am absolutely obsessed with. I mean, Anne is queen.
I looked through Kimberley’s blog for a good 4 or 5 hours, she has amazing recipes that you should go and try out, but the one that caught my attention was the Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole. That fit into my series like a glove!
I changed a few things from her recipe, I made my own hash browns, but hers is much easier and I suggest going with the frozen hash browns. I also added a little paprika, because I love paprika and I think it goes so well with hot sauce and cheese. And a sliced jalapeño because I like spice! The rest is exactly the same.
Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole
A cheesy breakfast casserole that is sure to get your day going
- 2 lbs hash browns
- 7-8 slices of bacon cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs Hot Sauce
- 12 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp salk
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbs smoked paprika
- 1 jalapeño chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Prepare a 13x9 baking dish or a large cast iron skillet with butter or cooking spray
- Mix all ingredients in an extra large bowl reserving 4 ounces of cheese to top mixture
- Place mixture in prepared dish and top with remaining cheese
- Place in oven and cook for 35-45 minutes or until cheese bubbles and edges are crispy
Cook time: 45 mins.
Total time: 65 mins.
Do you have any bloggers that you like following? If so send them my way, I’d love to add more recipes to my daily menu!
Need more recipes?