Instant Pot Cauliflower 'Fried' Rice
Happy Holidays to each and everyone of you out there!
I hope that you got to spend time with your loved ones and had a great time!
Today was the first stream back after being away because of my back injury and man was it fun! It was only a short stream while the kiddo slept, but it still helped my mental health a lot to be doing something like streaming!
I wanted to do something vegetarian, can be vegan if you do not add eggs, because I feel that so many meat Instant Pot recipes exist!
I love riced cauliflower and wanted to see if I could do a ‘fried’ rice! And oh my gosh, yes I can. It turned out so good and took pretty much no time to do!
I have a feeling this is going to be a go-to lunch for me from now on!
Cauliflower ‘Fried’ Rice
- 1 lb cauliflower, riced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 2 tbs rice vinegar
- ½ tsp sriracha (optional)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp red pepper chili flakes (optional)
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup cabbage, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt and Pepper (I used 2 tbs salt, ½ tbs pepper
- Put sesame oil into pot and put on saute, when it says hot add cauliflower and bell peppers. Saute for 1-2 minutes
- Turn off saute, deglaze with the vegetable broth. Add the rest of the ingredient. Seal, put on High Pressure for 0 minutes. Quick release, turn off of heat.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
If you just got an Instant Pot and think that it does not save time, think again. You can do so much in one pot that normally would take an army of kitchen equipment to do. Not only that, but once you get the hang of your Instant Pot, there will be no going back! This tool is amazing to help out when all you want to do is get dinner done and not watch a pot of water boil!
The next couple of weeks are going to be weird as far as the blog and streaming goes, I will be doing it while my kiddo is asleep, so it may be a little more sporadic than usual! But never fear, we will still be here, just join us on Twitch to see how these recipes are more are made!