Why Can't Fish Sing? Because You Can't Tuna Fish!
I know, I know, I'm so funny! I got to keep these mom jokes in tip top shape, so that I can embarrass Braedon properly in the future!
Keep commenting on whether you want a small video or Q&A on the Wednesday post! I want to be interactive with you guys! I mean, you can comment about whatever you want to, I just really would like to know what direction you think that Wednesdays should go.
Braedon met puppies yesterday! At first he was very amused, and then, well not so much. I just wanted to hold on tight to him and make sure he knows he doesn't have to see puppies if he doesn't want to.
Oh yeah, Braedon is loving solid foods! He ate ribs last night and 1/2 of my omelette today! But I have been consistently making him something for lunch, usually oatmeal or a parfait. He eats a few bites and then all of a sudden my sweet little boy becomes a freaking zombie! He starts sucking down food and forcing the spoon or fork into his face. I think it's cute, but other people probably find it terrifying!
Happy Day Light Savings Time! Only, not really. They don't tell you that losing an hour is even worse when you're a parent. I mean, Braedon woke up last night because he had a bad dream. Then all of a sudden, he was up again at like the butt crack of dawn. I was not amused. I also didn't feel well today, so it hasn't been a good day all around.
The worst part of the day is, Gareth decided to be a sweetheart and make me lunch today! But then he cut his finger open so bad that he literally needed stitches! It just shows that I need to be the chef in the house and leave him to doing other things.
I decided to make him his favorite soup and chocolate chip cookies for dinner. Well actually, the soup was already something that I was making, the cookies were to help mend his boo boo.
I still need to order groceries for the week, but it should be a pretty awesome week food wise. I know that I am making meatballs one day, it was a request from Gareth and sounds absolutely amazing to me. You can never beat a good meatball.
I went out a few weeks ago with a friend of mine. When I got home, it was a little late, but I wanted to make something special for Gareth and me to eat. I made Black Sesame and Almond Crusted Tuna. I thought this would be the perfect thing to post for busy parents or non-parents who want a fancy meal in no time.
Black Sesame And Almond Crusted Tuna
- 1 1/2 Tbs Rice Vinegar
- 2 tsp Dark Miso Paste (I found this in the international food section of Whole Foods)
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 Tbs grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup black sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup ground almonds (I pulsed mine through a food processor to get a sandy texture)
- 2 Tbs toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 lb of Ahi Tuna
- 1 cup of oyster mushrooms
- 4 cups of salad mix (We used a spring mix, it tasted awesome)
- In a bowl whisk all wet ingredients, except Vegetable oil and Sesame Oil
- Add ginger, garlic, and sugar
- Slowly ad 1 Tbs of sesame oil and 1 Tbs of vegetable oil- set aside
- In another bowl mix together sesame seeds, almonds, and a pinch of salt and pepper
- Dredge the Ahi steaks into the mixture
- Heat the rest of the oil in a medium sized pan at a medium-low temperature
- Brown each side of the tuna-but be careful not to go to long if you want that rare center (1 minute per side)
- Add in the mushrooms and cook till tender
- Put greens on plate, add sliced tuna, mushrooms, and the miso sauce on top
I really don't recommend saving any of this if you have left overs. It wouldn't cook right if you tried to reheat it.
Thanks for visiting once again! Go to my Instagram and Twitter, share this post, like this post, comment on this post, what I am trying to say is love me, love me!
I will see you Wednesday!