Cajun Shrimp Tacos
I pretty much say that my signature dish is always something cajun or creole. And today, I wanted to make a fusion of Cajun and my next favorite dish to make, Mexican food.
So I decided to make Cajun shrimp tacos.
Oh my god, you guys. These happen to be the best things that I have ever eaten. (And I’ve had a lot of shrimp tacos in my life.)
There’s something about the Cajun spice mixed with the freshness of the avocado salsa. It really gets your taste buds going.
I’m definitely going to be making these over and over again and I suggest that you do too.
Not only that but they are super easy to make, they were almost too easy and made my stream much shorter than I wanted it to be. I need to learn how to get multiple dishes so that I can keep the stream going for a few hours.
I guess I’ll just have to keep making desserts. There goes what chance I had to get a slim waistline again.
Cajun Shrimp Tacos
- 1lb shrimp detailed and veined
- 2 tbs cajun seasoning
- 1 tbs garlic
- 1 tbs paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 avocados chopped
- 2 heirloom tomatoes chopped
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 can corn drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tbs Frank's red hot sauce
- corn tortillas
- cilantro chopped for garnish
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a medium sized pan, season shrimp with cajun, garlic, paprika, and salt and pepper
- Slowly add shrimp to oil
- mix avocados, tomatoes, onion, corn, black beans, lime, frank's and mixed
- When shrimp is finished put it on tortillas, add salsa, and garnish with cilantro
I’m still in a funk lately, but I keep pushing myself. I know that the more that I push myself, the more likely I am to get out of it.
I’m just glad to have my little man and friends who kind of understand what I’m going through. They really help even if they don’t know it.
I’m glad that cooking is one of the things that really helps me to feel better, it’s my passion and if it didn’t make me feel good there would be no love there.
What’s something that you love doing that helps you get through the hard times?