It has been a busy, full of food, week for me! I had a private chef gig on Tuesday where I made one of my favorite dishes. Cornish game hen. It is really one of the best things to eat, even if it’s a little messy from being so little!
I also have gotten to experiment with my bread machine, making a lot of different things that I didn’t know that you could make with your machine.
For example, the dough for your pretzels!
Yes, pretzels. Soft pretzels.
I’m german and we love our soft pretzels with a good mustard, but you can pair it with so many different dips. I know that cheese dip is a good one.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tbs fresh rosemary chopped finely
- 2 qts water
- 2 tbs baking soda
- Put all ingredients in your bread machine according to instructions. Put on 'dough' setting and let it go
- When finished, put water and baking soda in a large pot to boil
- While waiting for water to boil, roll 8 pieces of dough into 18-20 inch ropes. Twist the ends together and then pull towards you. Seal the ends with a little water
- Put each pretzel into the water bath for about 7-10 seconds and leave to dry on paper towels
- Put onto a large baking sheet with either parchment paper on it or has been greased
- Cook for 17-19 minutes or until the top is golden in color
- Brush with water and sprinkle with salt
I loved using my bread machine to make these pretzels. It really cut the amount of time that I had to actually work the dough and I could just leave it and do everything else that I needed to do and not worry about kneading or anything.
The bread machine really is amazing that way!
These have a crunch on the outside and a wonderful soft middle.
What do you use your bread machine for?