Best Bacon Cheddar Muffins
This is my final muffin recipe of the series! How sad, they’ve been so fun to make. I love all of the different flavor combinations of muffins that you can have.
As much as I love muffins and making them, I do love something more. I am talking a lot more. More than almost anything. (Not more than my son, of course.)
I used to work for a company that was all about bacon, bacon was one of the first meats that I ate after being a vegetarian, bacon is what I dream about, I even want a bacon related tattoo. (It’s going to be cute, believe me.)
There are so many flavor combinations that go so well with bacon, you can take it sweet or savory. And I like it either way.
For this muffin, though, I decided to go savory. Mixing bacon with some cheddar cheese and really getting a breakfast flavor out of it.
You have to remember to keep a bit of chopped bacon to put on the top before you bake it, so that you can have a mouth full of bacon in every bite.
Bacon Cheddar Muffins
- 1 pound bacon
- 1/4 cup bacon fat drippings
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbs butter softened
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lay bacon on a parchment paper on a baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes and remove when crispy. Save 1/2 a cup of the drippings. Once the bacon is cooled crumble it.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine egg, milk, flour, sugar, baking power, butter and bacon drippings.
- Gently fold in the cheese and bacon until well combined, remember to save some of the bacon crumbles.
- Divide the batter evenly in muffin tins. Top with crumbles. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Do you like bacon?
What’s your favorite bacon recipe?
Want some more muffins?