Tonight was pretty good.
I tried to make Beef Bourguignon family friendly, it was really difficult to do. It takes forever no matter what way you do it.
I guess I did something that was more family friendly than the 5 hours that Julia Childs makes you take with her recipe.
Although, she was totally my inspiration.
I love everything that she does. I wish I could master French food as well as she did. She was amazing.
I’m not going to go Julie/Julia here, but she is truly my inspiration!
I streamed this recipe, it took forever and the whole time I just wanted to eat it because it smelled so good.
I hate when food smells so good that it makes me want to eat it before it is even finished. My stomach just growled the entire time.
Although, the wine probably made me more hungry than I thought it would.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 8 oz bacon chopped
- 2 lbs roast beef
- 1 lbs carrots sliced diagnonally
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 1 tbs garlic minced
- 1/2 cup brandy/congac
- 1/2 bottle red wine such as Chianti
- 2 cups beef broth
- 4 oz tomato paste
- 1 tbs butter
- 8 oz mushrooms quartered
- 1 lb frozen pearl onions
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley to garnish
- Heat oil in a large pot over a medium high heat and fry bacon
- Take bacon out of pan, Salt and pepper the beef and add it to the pot, brown on both sides.
- Take out beef and add sliced onion and carrots.
- When carrots and onions are browned, add congac, wine, and beef, tomato paste, a pinch of salt and pepper, simmer for 2 hours.
- Heat butter in a shallow pan, add mushrooms and brown for 4-5 minutes
- Put mushrooms in the beef mixture and heat for another hour.
- Taste and add seasoning to taste.
- Serve with crusty bread and parsley.
So let’s talk TwitchCon. Are you going? Are you in the Long Beach area? Do you want to meet up and have dinner with MomNoms?
Then you should message me and let me know! I have a ton of plans, but I could probably fit you in.
I want to meet as many people who are down in that area that are followers as possible!
Follow me on social media if you want to know more about TwitchCon and me being down in SoCal!
Or follow me on Twitch if you want to be part of my streaming life and the awesome giveaways and community that I have created there!